Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Week 20 - Layers of the Atmosphere

Today we learned about the layers of the Atmosphere.  We made a model of the layers using aquarium rocks and recycled glass bottles along with some labels I found that worked well.  The pictures I used to label our bottles are from http://www.theozonehole.com/atmosphere.htm.  I attached the label with mod podge and then some of us glued/packing taped the larger label to the side and others used rubber bands after hole punching.  Both worked well and it was just a matter of personal preference.















































4 comments:

  1. Love it! What are the meanings behind the colors? I can guess most of them, but what did you say for the pink? Thanks SO much for ALL that you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Melody - I wish I had a plan with the colors - they were just the ones that were available at Walmart that day I needed them. If I had thought it out better, I would have tried to match the colors to the label. However, they didn't have those colors at Walmart and I didn't have time to go elsewhere. Have a blessed day! Colleen

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool. I am a tutor and LOVE this idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much! :) Glad it will help you with your class! :)

    ReplyDelete